You wake up and wonder if there’s “something more”. There’s something important inside you that’s been dying to come out, to be expressed, to be made known, to come alive.
You’ve got 100 reasons why you can’t listen to that part of you. Why you’re sure what it wants is impractical, unrealistic, not possible right now, or just not possible for you.
Besides, where you are right now is “fine”. You can’t complain. (Except to yourself in the middle of the night.)
Here’s the thing. That part of you that’s been trying to get you to pay attention to it is going start getting VERY LOUD if you keep ignoring it.
The yearnings inside you are important. I’d say even essential. They’re trying to connect you with the deeper truth of you. They’re trying to point you towards the kind of personal evolution that will make you feel like you’re fully alive. They’re wanting you to shift in a direction you won’t regret at the end of your days, when you’ll be able to say, “You know what? I really LIVED.”
I’ve struggled over the years to be clear about what my coaching offers my clients. Until I realized that what I do at the core is help my clients listen better to themselves, honour their desires, and make the practical shifts in their lives to feel more alive. Here are a few examples of the progress my clients have experienced:
- A creative who expanded too quickly and lost her business created a new business where she creates beautiful artwork in her own unique style. Plus her relationship with her husband got a lot better because she felt more fulfilled.
- A CFO who thought she needed to leave her high stress job to sculpt, started doing art in the evenings and seeing more of her friends, which made her so happy she stayed at her job and is now CEO. Plus her relationship with her husband got better. (Funny how that happens when we stop catering to other people and feel more fulfilled.)
- A stressed out senior executive who was working in a toxic environment started to make decisions guided only by his own value system and ethical principles. Which made him way less stressed, more motivated, more content and feeling more in control. Which in turn made him a magent for similarly minded people who want to work with him.
- A business consultant in high demand wrote a series of business books, started public speaking AND kept her consulting practice. She started showing up so differently that her boss, having noticed the change, asked if she could coach him to show him how to think differently. And she spends more joyful time with her kids.
- A woman who suffered from anxiety and worry about her health and her family discovered a profound sense of presence and calm that allowed her to feel deeply rooted in the moment, more spiritually connected, and able to enjoy life in a way that feels meaningful to her.
- A young woman who’d suffered major injuries in an accident found contentment in the midst of her slow journey back to physical fitness, less striving, plus an unleashing of creative writing, poetry and business planning.
- A music executive found a way to work fewer hours, spend less time catering to other people, enjoy the hours she works more, AND start exploring what she really wants for herself, instead of what other people want for her.
- A new coach discovered ways to find and help clients that felt comfortable and motivating to her, while allowing her to be authentically herself. No elevator pitches. No striving.
If you’re looking for something more and want to explore if coaching with me is right for you, let’s talk. You can sign up for a free personal strategy session to talk about you’ve been yearning to do and why you think you haven’t been able to do it. In the free session, I’ll offer you a new perspective about what I think the issues are, and how you could move from where you are now to where you want to be. I’ve had several people get fantastic results just from the free consult alone. To book your free session, click on this link.